Countdown....

pregnancy

Monday, October 4, 2010

Goal Update

Okay, had I not missed a day last week, I would have been going on 12 days on Jillian's 30 Day Shred.  BUT, since I did miss a day last week, I have started over and now am on Day 5.  As I mentioned, my dad had to have triple bypass surgery last Wednesday.  He's doing great and I appreciate all the prayers and kind words toward his progress. 

I have since scheduled a physical for me and that will be Oct. 15.  Needless to say, I'll be sticking to the straight and narrow for the next 2 weeks, and hopefully beyond!  My dad's surgery was a huge surprise and whenever the health of a loved one seems compromised, I think it's human nature to ponder your own mortality as well. 

So, I have made some goals.  So far, I've been doing well.  I haven't logged my food like I should but I'm working on that.  I have been doing the video.  I have even tried level 2 a couple times and find myself relying on Jillian telling me to push through.  It feels so satisfying to finish!  I love that feeling of accomplishment.  And I think I have a new best friend in Anita.  I'm not, however, so fond of Natalie.  Maybe one day I'll warm up to her.

I have also begun a mission to learn more about nutrition to find out more answers to the "but WHY can't I have cheesecake for breakfast?" questions that I sometimes find myself thinking.  So far I've learned about trans fat and added sugar.  Next will come a little research on reading labels and trying to get to a more realistic view on health. 

So, thanks to all those journeying jeanward with me.  I'll be posting new measurements this Thursday.  We'll see what they say!!

No comments:

Post a Comment