Countdown....

pregnancy

Monday, October 25, 2010

My Personal Trainer

A man's health can be judged by which he takes two at a time - pills or stairs.  ~Joan Welsh


Over the weekend, I'd had a particularly long Saturday starting with a mound of laundry I didn't get to on Friday, a soccer game for my 3 year old, lunch with some friends, then back home to do more chores and try to finish my spring 2010 cleaning before winter.  I was beat and my 3 year old asked me when I was going to do my video.  I told him later several times and finally he said, "Mom, but you need to do your video!!!"


I wish I could tell you that I did, but it was already 8:30 by that point and I was running on fumes.  I could tell he was frustrated with me and the next morning when I did in fact do my video, he happily came downstairs to join me.  I feel bad that I let him down, but it cracks me up how important it is to him at 3 (well almost 4) years old that I work out.  I love it!


On another note, I took my measurements today.  I've lost 2 pounds and 3% body fat from a month ago.  I was hoping for better results but there were a few parties and celebration nights over the month.  But at least the numbers are moving in the right direction now!


My nutrition is definitely getting better.  I'm opting for more salads instead of sandwiches and more egg white omelettes instead of cereal.  It's going well.  And I'm a little surprised that since I took some of the urgency out and decided to enjoy the journey, I'm actually happier and doing better on my weight loss plan.  Yay me!


One day this week I do need to get my recipes uploaded.  I'd love to hear some of your favorites too.  And I do apologize for my repeated hiatus.  Sometimes life overtakes planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment