Countdown....

pregnancy

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Gettng (Re)Started


When I buy cookies I eat just four and throw the rest away.  But first I spray them with Raid so I won't dig them out of the garbage later.  Be careful, though, because that Raid really doesn't taste that bad.  ~Janette Barber


It's been a good evening (well, at least mostly okay.  As of this writing, Penn State is down (not acceptable.) UK is down (totally unacceptable)  U of L won (good job), Notre Dame lost (HAHA Kelly), UC won (great job guys!) and I worked out this morning (YAY ME!)).

As I was writing my goals, I realized a couple things.  I have to look beyond  eating right to looking at the right reasons to being healthy.  At one time, had you asked me, I would rather be a size 4 but a cardiovascular disaster than be a size 8 but completely healthy.


Maybe just having the goal of getting back into my jeans is shallow.  Maybe I should concentrate on being healthy.  (Would it be bad if said that I'm still hoping that being healthy will lead me back to my jeans though???)


Of course I want to look good.  For my husband, for me, for my kids.  But I need to focus on the long term.  I want to see my kids grow up.  I want to help my daughter plan a wedding.  I want to be there for my son.  I want to be a good mother and (God willing) a grandmother.


That is why I need to do this.  At least the biggest reason.  I've decided it's not so bad if it takes longer than I'd like for me to get back into my jeans.  But I can't help saying I'm hoping I can be a grandma AND rock the size 4 jeans.


But mostly, I just want to be healthy.  I don't want to tell my kids I'm too tired to play soccer or too tired to help them with homework or too tired to talk after they've had a bad day.


SO, it is with this new found strength I move forward.  I am proud to say that when we ordered pizza last night, I had a salad instead.  Baby steps.  That's where we all start.


I hope more people join me on my journey.  But actually, a few friends have.  I hope you join US on our journey.

(UK scored twice!  I have a feeling.... tonight's gonna be a good, good night!)

No comments:

Post a Comment