Countdown....

pregnancy

Friday, September 24, 2010

Pushing Through The "Don't Wanna"s and "Don't Feel Like It"s...

If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash

Day 3 of the Shred is over.  And I am seriously thanking God it is.  This morning when the alarm went off, I hit snooze.  3 times.  I really just didn't feel like it.  I'm sore.  I was so tired and honestly I just wanted to snuggle up with hubby and wake up sometime mid afternoon.

But I've made a commitment to me and to you.  I'm rooting for all of you who are Journeying Jeanward with me and I know you're rooting for me.  Contrary to the belief of most of the girls in my high school gym class, people don't like to see others fail.  I rejoice in my victories as well as others.  A dear friend of mine has lost 52 pounds!!!!  Now THAT'S an accomplishment!!!!  I'm so proud of her!  People like to see and hear about people doing well and doing good things.  We don't have enough of that in this world.  And I want to tell you and show you that I'm doing well and good.


So I dragged myself out of bed with my BEFORE picture burning in my brain.  I put on my sneakers, and here comes hubby too.  YAY!  He usually gets all his exercise playing basketball and chasing the kids.  But he decided to join me and Jillian this morning.  I was so happy he joined me.  He made the difference this morning for sure.  I needed the extra motivation.  I love my hubby!


We got through the workout and before I knew it, Day 3 was done.  I do feel the burn, but it feels wonderful.  It feels like Accomplishment and Progress.  I've miss that feeling!  Lately I've just been walking around with Complacency and Lethargy.


Next time you don't want to work out, remember who's in charge.  Don't let it be the old you.  The old you never did you any favors.  Change takes time.  And if you're worrying about how long it's going to take to lose weight, then STOP!  The time is going to pass anyway.  You might as well pass it by getting healthy and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.


I love quotes, and here's one that's over used but so true:  No one told you it was going to be easy, but they did say it would be worth it.  Well having been there, I know it's worth it.  And that's why we keep our eyes looking forward and staying focused.  Find that voice in you that says, "I'm done with the glory days and I'm done with the lethargy.  Let's get going."  And then go.

No comments:

Post a Comment