Countdown....

pregnancy

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I Take On Jillian Michaels


I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing.
-Marsha Doble

One of my favorite shows came on last night - The Biggest Loser.  I have even gotten my metabolically supercharged husband into it.  We watched the season opener last night and I cried a couple times.  Everyone has a story.  It's sad to think that some of these people really do want to change and get help but instead they are ridiculed to embarrassment to seek it. Cheers for those who want to and are changing their lives!

I love this show because it is such an inspiration.  It's amazing to watch seemingly hopeless people bust down their own walls and go farther than they (or anyone else) ever thought possible.  That motivation absolutely carries over to me.  Moms and dads and sons and daughters were on this show together bearing their souls (and their bellies) for all to see.  That is the first step to changing.

Jillian Michaels is a trainer on the show.  She is tough.  She is crazy.  She is relentless.  She is scary.  She is hard as nails.  But she gets results and she is sincere.  I recently purchased her video:  30 Day Shred.

Today is day 1.  I will take my photo today (and again, will NOT share it before I have the "After" photo).  My commitment starts today and I will do this everyday for 30 days.  I have taken my measurements and we'll see where I'm at in 30 days.  I usually work out in the morning, but just was able to play the DVD this afternoon SO - here I go.

I highly encourage anyone following my journey to get this video.  I got it off ebay for around $8 including shipping.  Time to get moving....  Jillian - it's on!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I have Jillians Wii game and the biggest loser workout videos. I will do them with you. Starting today. I will measure up and take that good ole' before pic. I as well watch and love the Biggest Loser. Unfortunatly, I found myself taking a nap last night during the opener. I will need to watch that on the internet before next week. -Keiran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Let me know which of your videos you like best. They are so motivating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jillian is tough! I have a dvd with her and those excercises totally kicked my behind!

    PS- I've got a decorating blog I started so you're welcome to check it out/follow if you want :)

    ReplyDelete