Countdown....

pregnancy

Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Discover Another Trigger


A woman under stress is not immediately concerned with finding solutions to her problems but rather seeks relief by expressing herself and being understood. - John Gray

Well, I am a little stressed.  I have for some reason decided to rip my house apart from top to bottom and do some spring cleaning in September.  If I were seven months pregnant I would totally understand this bizarre behavior as a nesting syndrome, but that is clearly not the case.

So, I have got the kids rooms torn apart, the kitchen is a disaster, for some reason my 2 and 3 year olds will not do laundry for me (so that's piling up), I just started a new exercise video that I made a commitment to, and it's almost 2:30 and I still haven't showered yet. Hubby would love to help, but he has no clue about what my "system" is and I swear at this point if someone puts something in the wrong place, I may seriously lose it. My patience is a little thin because everything is discombobulated and it's freaking me out, here!  

The kids are starting to think, "Wow, my mom has lost her mind."  I just know they are.  I can't even finish a sentence at some moments.  I told my baby girl to take her kitchen to the cup and she just better hurry up about it.  She looked at me like I was a moron.  Deep breath........

And, since I'm so freakin' stressed, goodies are starting to look real good.  Why???  I'm not hungry!!!!!  I'm frustrated that my jeans don't fit in the first place so why oh why do I want to shove an entire container of Pringles or Ho-Ho's into my drooling mouth????  What will that solve????  A big FAT nothing. Is it any coincidence that STRESSED spells DESSERTS backward?  I think not.

So, here I am taking breaths and remembering that there are no deadlines.  I'd like to have my house back, sure, but not at the cost of what little sanity this mommy of 2 kids 13 months apart has left. I will take my time, get things done, (quite possibly have a glass of red wine for the tannins this evening), say a little prayer (okay, a big one) and keep breathing in and out.  I will remember these days because one day I will miss them.  And I will laugh at myself when I say stupid things.

I will NOT eat those cookies because they are not a solution.  Oh - and now I WILL get busy again!!!

Thanks for letting me vent, ladies!!  I needed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment