Countdown....

pregnancy

Thursday, September 30, 2010

I Fail - But Only Temporarily

I just wanted to make a quick update.  I did not meet my goals of making my goals yesterday.  I did not workout.  I did not log my food.  I did spend then entire day in the hospital praying and waiting for my dad to get out of triple bypass heart surgery.  It was a day that was 72 hours long and I had a lot of time to think about the mortality of the ones I love as well as mine. 

Dad came through the surgery fine.  Now comes the task of rebuilding his strength, recovering and changing his habits.   I am praying for those things as well.  I know he can do it but I know it won't be easy.  I'll do whatever I can to help.  And, with anything, actions speak louder than words.  The best thing I can do is take care of myself, research healthy recipes and encourage him to do his best.

Even though it was my dad in the hospital room and not me, I feel as if I've been given a second chance and a huge wake up call.  It was so hard to see a usually robust man that filled the room being so still and looking so fragile after his surgery.  I know he will once again be large as life and am looking forward to seeing him chasing the kids and feeling so much better than he ever realized he could.

Time to get serious about being healthy and quit going through the motions.  Alright folks, here it is:  Weight:  140.  Body fat:  27.5%.  BMI:  22.6.  Goals:  Weight:  125.  Body fat:  21%. 

Goals for this week (Thurs-Wed):  Video every day. Walking 3 miles with family at least 4 days.  Log food.  No more than 3 alcoholic beverages this week.  Get healthier recipes.  Lose 1.5 pounds.

I'll keep you posted on my goals, my dad, and my recipes.

Would love to hear your goals as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment